Today, we’re introducing a new way to play on Snapchat. Ghost Phone is a thrilling AR game where players can discover the secrets of an abandoned phone and solve the supernatural mystery of what happened to the previous owner – ultimately arriving face to face with haunting spirits that look realistic through augmented reality!
Built by Snap using Lens Studio and web-first game engine, Playcanvas, Ghost Phone uses surface recognition and world-scan technology to seamlessly weave AR ghosts into the players’ real world environment, prompting Snapchatters to get up and get moving to collect phantom energy.
Want to solve the mystery? Here’s how to get started:
- Open Snapchat and find the game in Lens Explorer or by tapping the Rocket icon in Chat.
- You’ll be prompted with a password to decode and power on the “Ghost Phone” to play.
- Find clues within text messages and apps on the phone.
- Unlock spooky Camera Modes and look around to capture different types of AR ghosts.
- Level up to uncover apps and data to reveal more clues, Camera Modes and ghosts and discover what happened to Lisa.