We founded Snapchat to help people express themselves authentically, creating a space where they could connect with their real friends and learn more about the world around them. It was a big idea that we brought to life in a small office at 523 Ocean Front Walk in Venice.
From the way we run our business, to the products that we design, to the experiences and content we create – we are committed to making DEI fundamental to everything we do at Snap. Our ambition is to ensure that our Discover content platform, which we intentionally curate, features content from partners that reflects the diversity of our Snapchat community. With over 100 million Snapchatters watching entertainment content of Discover each month (2021), it is our collective responsibility to create content that speaks to their unique identities and varied interests.
Today, we're excited to announce 523 – our first content accelerator programme – designed to support and spotlight small, minority-owned content companies and creatives that traditionally lack access and resources – particularly when compared to larger competitors and publishers. The goal is to help them build their businesses and audiences through the distribution of content on Discover.
Starting today, the programme is accepting applications until 1 February. Learn more and apply at https://523.snap.com/
Over the course of six months, Snap will provide the following to up to 20 successful applicants:
- Funding and resources – funding of $10,000 USD per month to support the applicants' investment in concepting and filming content for Discover.
- 1:1 mentoring – mentorship from our Content + Media Partnerships team on how to best leverage the Snapchat platform to increase the applicants' engagement and business goals.
- Partner education – intimate workshops that provide insight into the best practices to be successful, with sessions from experts across Snapchat – including creative strategy, monetisation and more.
- Exposure and marketing – inclusion in announcements and public events related to the 523 programme. Participants will also have the opportunity to form connections with sponsors who are offering time and resources to the programme. Sponsors include: AT&T, Nissan, Target, State Farm, Unilever, Uber Eats and McDonald's.
- Community engagement – opportunity to connect with other companies within the 523 programme and build a stronger network through Snapchat.
We've come a long way since our time at 523, but the number still means a lot to us. We've named this programme after it because it represents everything we want it to be: an acknowledgement of our past that also inspires others to reconsider what's possible.
We can't wait to hear from you!
Back To News