Today we’re excited to announce our new slate of Snap Originals programming!
These Shows span docuseries and scripted, comedies, and teen dramas — but they all have one thing in common. It’s not just the Shows that are original, it’s the way the stories are told.
They’re personal, intimate, and made for the way you use your phone today.
- In Two Sides from New Form, a young couple navigates a breakup — told from both characters’ points of view at the same time.
- Can’t Talk Now from New Form is a teen soap that takes place inside the phones of a few high school freshman BFFs.
- In Sneakerheads from Indigo, we’ll follow the misadventures of three college freshmen as they navigate the crazy, shady, and mercurial world of Los Angeles sneaker culture.
- In Commanders from Dakota Pictures, two high school outcasts discover a retro computer with a mysterious code that can alter real life.
- Denton’s Death Date from Insurrection Media centers on Denton Little: a high school junior whose death date is only a week away.
- While Black from Indigo is a docuseries that explores racially charged social issues through disarmingly candid conversations led by author, filmmaker, recording artist, and educator MK Asante.
- BuzzFeed’s upcoming daily afternoon show will bring viewers the latest celebrity, entertainment, and sheer OMG moments blowing up the internet.
- In Dead of Night from Bazelevs, a teenage girl must escape a quarantined city full of zombies armed with only her phone.
- Compton Dreams from October Films is a docuseries following the highs and lows of three up-and-coming artists from Compton.
- In Stranded with Sam and Colby from Bunim/Murray, two paranormal investigators go off the grid into a cursed Pennsylvania town.
We’re so grateful to our partners for joining us to shape the future of mobile storytelling. And we’re happy to report that the new format we’re building together is working!
Over the last year alone, the time Snapchatters spent watching Shows has nearly tripled*. Endless Summer was a hit, reaching over 28 Million unique viewers during its first season**. And with The Dead Girls Detective Agency, over 40% of the viewers that completed the first episode went on to watch the entire first season***. Both of these Snap Originals, and also Deep Creek, have been renewed and will be back this summer!
With Snap Originals, we’re creating amazing Shows that can be experienced almost anywhere. We can’t wait to launch these new series and more in the coming months! Learn more about the upcoming Snap Originals here.
Enjoy the Shows!
*Snap Inc. internal data. Q4 2017 average vs. Q4 2018 average
**Snap Inc. internal data. 10/1/18–3/22/19
***Snap Inc. internal data Q4 2018
Back To News